Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mike goes to Madrid

Yes, he left for 3 days in Madrid with our Italian daughter, Laila Bertagnoli and her fiance, Pedro. Mike so enjoyed visiting with them Wednesday night and dining at their home on Thursday with his friend Art. He told me Miss Laila has become quite an accomplished cook and she prepared an excellent meal for them.

Laila and Pedro both have new jobs in Madrid. Laila will be working for a company called Indirect Line and I'm not sure who Pedro is working for. He completed a day of training on Friday in time for a final dinner before Mike's departure this morning.

Today is Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. Suzi is driving home to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I can't wait to see her. Today is Kate's party for us at her place. Lots of preparations have been done this week for this party. I ran errands this morning and soon kate will come for me and we'll go to her place to make sure everything is in order.

My mother, sister and brother are coming as are the cousins. Aunt Hunsey isn't feeling up to it. Darnit. Kate's good friend, KC is here from Boston and her friend, Ashlee is here from Erie.

I just wish I felt better - I've got an appointment with the surgeon on Monday at 1:30 so maybe that will put an end to all this foolishness.

I heard from Staci, our realtor that there is a family very interested in our house and they are trying to work the numbers so they can buy it outright. We cannot accept a contingency so we'll just have rely in God to help us through it.

The screen door for the new sliding glass door in the dining room came yesterday. It works great. I'm pleased and I'm sure Mike will be too.

Until Monday. . .

No comments: