Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grocery Shopping with CeCe


Yes, last week I was very busy. Wednesday, CeCe and I went out with Skip. We went to The Pines store in Hongqaio. We don't get there very often because it is far and you really cannot take a taxi there.


We can buy very interesting things there like Bounty paper towels and Jello puddings. Yes, I know you people buy these things every week. But remember, we might have Chinese equivalent items but we can't read the package so we don't know what that might be.


So my purchases last week included:


  • Bounce fabric sheets that have a scent in them - a number 2 scent.

  • Jello chocolate pudding

  • Campbell's tomato soup

  • Canned pineapple

  • French green beans so I can make Green Bean Casserole

  • A beautiful whole chicken minus the head and feet - it was clean, really clean inside

  • Stove Top stuffing mix.

My BIG disappointment was the Mobier cheese that cost 57.80 RMB = $8.25 for a very small piece. I didn't buy it - I'll be at Penn Mac in The Strip on Thursday, April 30th to buy a HUGE piece though.


Yes, that is the photo posted with the blog post. The piece of Mobier cheese - my fav and I had to leave it there.


Yes, I will be better for it - I have experienced a huge letdown but I will recoup and grow in the knowledge that tomorrow is another day - or I will survive!


No comments: